Phillips Ranch Volunteers
Becoming A Volunteer
Phillips Ranch AYSO is an ALL volunteer organization. The measurement of success for the program depends on you, the VOLUNTEER. There are many volunteer positions to choose from:
All volunteers are required to be registered @ eAYSO.org. Registration must be renewed every AYSO membership year. AYSO's membership year runs from August 1 - July 31.
Why eAYSO? Because:
- eAYSO is used to conduct all volunteer background checks.
- AYSO needs your Social Security and Driver's License numbers to perform background checks. This sensitive information is secured within eAYSO. Regional staff does not have
access to this information and is only available to a few select people in AYSO's National office who actually perform the background checks.
- AYSO, and your Regional staff, may need to contact volunteers with important information throughout the season.
- eAYSO serves as a central repository for your training history. This will ensure that you only have to take a particular training course once regardless of which AYSO program you are a member of.
- The US Volunteer Protection Act of 1997, as well as AYSO insurance and legal resources, can only protect you and your region if you are a registered volunteer in eAYSO.
The below information outlines the registration process for becoming a regional volunteer for Phillips Ranch AYSO.
To register using eAYSO you must do ALL of the following (please read carefully!):
Please note that you need to register as a volunteer ONCE per AYSO member year. The AYSO member year runs from August 1st to July 31st. If you are already registered for the current "member year", you need not register again. If you are not already registered, please continue with these instructions.
1. Go to http://www.eayso.org.
2. If you already have an eAYSO account:
- Log in
- Choose one of the below from the right hand column and follow the instructions:
- Apply as a new adult volunteer
- Apply as a continuing adult volunteer
- Apply as a new youth volunteer
- Apply as a continuing youth volunteer
3. If you don't have an eAYSO account, create a new account by clicking the "I am new to AYSO and want to volunteer"
button and follow the instructions. Make sure you record and remember your user name and password!!!
4. Make sure you:
- Select the correct region. We are Region 661, Phillips Ranch, CA.
- Use your exact legal name as it appears on your Driver's License.
- If you have a first name that you commonly use, other than your legal name, put it into the AKA/Nickname field.
- Ensure that your mailing address, phone number, and email addresses are accurate.
- Complete the entire process all the way through the very end. Do not close and windows or forms until you are brought
back to the main menu. Be sure to read carefully!!
5. Once you have completed the online registration, print 2 copies of the form.
- Forms can be turned in at any registration event or regional training event. Forms can also be given to your AYSO certified team coach. When submitting your forms, you must
show your Driver's License, or photo ID, to the AYSO registered volunteer. Once your information has been verified, they should sign the form in the appropriate area.
6. Wait a week or two until our CVPA has finished processing your application. For new volunteers, please proceed to the next step which is to take the online Safe Haven
As mentioned above, new volunteers must also take the Safe Have course. By clicking the link below, you will be taken to site where the course will be taken, but will be prompted to login first using your eAYSO ID and last name.
If you are a coach, or you're interested in becoming a coach, and have questions, please email email@example.com
If you are a referee, or you're interested in becoming a referee, and have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you're interested in volunteering in one the many other volunteer capacities, please email email@example.com